- Students enrolled at the University of Minnesota Duluth the previous spring, current summer or upcoming fall semester.
- Housing is available during May Session & Summer Session for UMD students.
- Current UMD Housing residents may stay in campus housing as Extended Summer Renters.
- Prices are per room. If you have requested a roommate and you share a room with that person, the rate will be split between the 2 roommates. If you do not have a requested roommate you will be charged the full rate. Housing does not match roommates for summer unless the students have requested each other.
- Summer rent is charged to the student's account. Housing charges are placed on students' accounts upon check-in, based upon the dates of occupancy submitted on your housing application. Refunds will not be issued if a student checks out earlier than the requested dates of occupancy on the application.
- Additional nights are prorated after the minimum stay is met for Extended Summer and General Summer rentals.
- Fall interim prices are per person.
- Rental for May Session and Fall Interim will not be prorated.
- Rental rates do not include meal plans or dining dollars. Contact Dining Services regarding dining options available during the summer.
Access to the Summer Housing Application will be available March 15 at 12 Noon via the Housing Portal.
2022 Summer Housing
|Extended Summer||May 7 - July 30||Burntside Hall||$750 per 30 night minimum stay in room||Spring semester UMD Housing residents - 30 night minimum stay required|
|May Session||May 7 - June 4||Burntside Hall||$675 per session||Current UMD students registered for a May Session class|
|General Summer||June 4 - July 30||Burntside Hall||$750 per 30 night minimum stay in room||Current UMD students - 30 night minimum stay required|
|Fall Interim||July 30 - Aug 24||Students move from summer to fall assignments||$345 per session per person||UMD Summer Housing renters who also have a 2022-2023 UMD Housing contract|
Summer 2022: Important Dates for UMD Students
Tuesday, March 15 at 12 Noon: Summer Housing Applications will be available via the Housing Portal.
Friday, April 15 at 4 PM: Deadline for Extended Summer Housing and May Session reservations.
Friday, May 20 at 4 PM: Deadline for General Summer Housing reservations with arrival date of June 4.
Other General Summer Housing reservations must be made at least seven weekdays prior to arrival.