Health & Wellness

Expand all

What if I’m not feeling well?

Students are able to utilize on-campus Health Services for treatment of a variety of medical concerns. Students should contact Health Services directly to inquire about services and to schedule an appointment. 

What if I need to isolate due to COVID-19 or another illness?

Students are able to isolate in their room/apartment or may choose to go to a location off-campus, such as their home.  If you are isolating in your on-campus room or apartment, please follow these expectations:

  • Wear a mask at all times when outside of your room.
  • Only leave your room to use the bathroom, get food, or to attend medical appointments.

If on a meal plan, students should use the reusable container program to take their meals back to their room.

Can I access my meal plan when I’m not feeling well?

Dining Services allows students to get to go meals through their reusable container program

What should I do if I’m having a physical health emergency?

If you are having a physical health emergency, you should dial 911 to request assistance from Emergency Medical Services. Health Services also has additional information about emergency care and other after-hours care options on their website.

What should I do if I’m having a mental health emergency?

Students experiencing a mental health emergency have a variety of options for assistance:

  • Dial 911 for immediate assistance
  • U of M Crisis and Text Line - Call: 612-301-4673 or Text: UMN to 61222 
  • Arrowhead Regional Crisis Line - Call: 844-772-4724 or 988