Academic Year 2023-2024
Housing Applications for the 2023-2024 Academic Year will be available in the Housing Portal on February 1 at 12 PM.
Students will complete their housing application via the Housing Portal (link below). As part of the application, students will be able to request roommates and their preferences for housing. Students are required to submit a $200 installment payment and e-sign the housing contract for their housing application to be considered complete.
If you see a "System Temporarily Unavailable" message when trying to access the Housing Portal, our system is currently at capacity. Please try accessing the system later.
In order to access the Housing Portal, you need to:
- Initiate your UMD Internet ID Account. If you have registered for Orientation this step is already completed. Only students who have been admitted to UMD will have access to the housing application.
- Activate your UMD Email Account. You'll receive housing confirmation emails and emails from potential roommates at your UMD account, so it is important that you activate your UMD email account.
Initiate your UMD Internet ID Account.
You need to initiate your unique Internet ID account to get access to U of M network resources.
Activate your UMD Email Account.
Housing Installment Payment
The $200 Installment Payment is required as part of the housing application. If you cancel your housing application, you may be eligible for a partial refund based upon the following schedule.
For full academic year (fall semester start) applications:
- If cancellation is emailed to UMD Housing on or before May 1, 2023: $150 of installment payment refunded
- If cancellation is emailed to UMD Housing between May 2 and May 31, 2023: $75 of installment payment refunded
- If cancellation is emailed to UMD Housing after May 31, 2023: $0 of installment payment refunded
For students who submit their housing application by the May 1, 2023 priority deadline, applications are processed based upon the date you applied for admission to UMD. Applications received after May 1 are processed based upon the date they are received, pending availability of space.
Building Preference Requests
Requests for specific buildings can be submitted on the housing application. Please note, while we work to accommodate students in one of the buildings they have indicated, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to honor all building preference requests.
You may request a roommate within the Housing Application. Please note - roommate requests are not guaranteed! Roommate requests can also reduce your housing priority - we will utilize the later admissions application date of a roommate pairing to determine priority for the group. For fall semester applications, the deadline to confirm roommate requests is May 1, 2023.
Please indicate any medical needs that may require an accommodation in the appropriate section on your housing application. Please note, however, that you must also complete the Housing Accommodations process through Disability Resources to formally request an accommodation.